In Los Angeles tonight, Epic Games is holding an event where they’re showing off the new Horde mode in Gears of War 3.Â It seems as if they’ve managed to keep the specifics of Horde under wraps, but tonight the curtain’s pulled back and looks like it’s being revealed in its full glory.Â Unfortunately, we aren’t in LA to give you a first-person account of the action, but the Twitterverse seems to be ablaze with all the nitty, gritty details.Â Here’s what we’ve managed to piece together using mostly the assistance of BitMob’s Editor, Dan Hsu.
- Horde 2.0 will have fortifications/command posts that you can eventually expand as you progress through the waves
- The players are given cash to buy upgrades to their weapons and the base which will presumably be spent before each round
- Players can choose between four different classes – Scout, Defenders, Builders, and Medics
- Horde 2.0 will feature Boss Battles
- There are team challenges which allow players to earn extra cash
- There’s the ability to switch out ammo between players
- A Silverback Mech is available once the fortress is upgraded enough
- In private matches, some fun options are available such as a laugh track, big head mode, and more
That’s all the information that we have for now, but it sounds like Horde 2.0 is shaping up to be even more fun than the original.Â We’ll keep an eye on this and update you as we learn more.