The Gunstringer, once announced as the first XBLA Kinect title, is now going to be a full retail release for Kinect. The team at Twisted Pixel must be excited, as this will be their first major release since they started developing games. I remember like it was yesterday, when we heard from the Twisted Pixel team that they were developing games for the XBLA, and started with The Maw. From The Maw, they moved onto ‘Splosion Man, and eventually Comic Jumper.
Now they are ready for the retail projects, and we wish them the best of luck on the full release of The Gunstringer.
However, now that they have chosen that route, we expect to hear many big announcements, since you can’t just expect gamers to pay more for a game without any new additions.
The Gunstringer marries Twisted Pixel’s beloved story, character gameplay and polish with fresh gameplay mechanics. From the feel of actually puppeteering a character through a variety of 3D and 2D gameplay styles, all the way to modern twists like competing against your friends via leaderboards and drop in and drop out local co-op support, The Gunstringer provides players with fun gameplay experiences that haven’t been seen before.
Here is the updated description for now, and we’ll be sure to post about any new developments or additions to the game:
- Extensive animation sets for Gunstringer and other characters to highlight personality.
- 4 main plays, 2 acts each, plus an intro and finale
- Entire set pieces drop in front of player.
- Seamless 3D <-> 2D gameplay transitions.
- Numerous objects and enemies.
- Stage-based level select and backstage area that functions as a hub.