Ever watched Lord of The Rings and thought, “You know those hordes of unholy hellspawn at Sarumon’s command? I could totally take them”? Well, the developers at Robot Entertainment have definitely been spinning their gears in that direction and have come out with an action-strategy game that is sure to both challenge and entertain with its mad-cap sword n’ sorcery mayhem.
Now available for purchase on XboxLIVE Arcade for 1200 MS Points, Orcs Must Die! is setting its sights on fantasy, dungeon crawler, and tower defense fans with its quirky blend of sorcery and strategy. Here are some of the features touted in the release:
· Play as the War Mage and defend 24 fortresses from an enraged mob of orcs and 11 other villainous monsters.
· Choose from a selection of 6 weapons and magic spells and 17 traps that hack, launch, flatten, gibletize, and incinerate your enemies.
· Upgrade your traps, spells and weapons to cater the game to your personal play style.
· Cleverly combine traps and spells for higher scores on the leaderboards.
· Expertly wield your wits and your weapons through the story-driven campaign and unlock a brutal “Nightmare” campaign.
· Replay fortresses endlessly, combining different defenses and tactics every time!
Another great feature that should be appreciated is the free demo made available alongside the game, allowing wary buyers to try out the first three fortresses of the game to help decide whether or not Orc based warfare is for them. So give it a whirl and let us know whether or not sticking it to these goblin-types is as glorious as it sounds.