Three additional map packs have already been confirmed for Halo 4, and yesterday 343 Industries and Microsoft revealed details on the game’s War Games Map Pass. Similar to a season pass, the $24.99 War Games Map Pass will ensure downloads of all three map packs for players who purchase it. Those who purchase the pass will also receive two unique in-game helmets and a unique in-game helmet.
Here are the complete details on the announced packs:
- Crimson Map Pack (December release timeframe)
- o Maps: Wreckage, Harvest, Shatter
- o Description: Witness the chaos of a clash of civilizations in Wreckage, with its blend of claustrophobic spaces and dangerous exposures and venture into the human colony environs of Harvest, and explore a human foray on an alien moon in Shatter.
- Majestic Map Pack (February release timeframe)
- o Maps: Landfall, Monolith, Skyline
- o Description: Landfall’s emphasis is on infantry battles against a glittering ocean on a distant world, while Monolith exposes you to the naked vacuum of space – and the firepower of opposing teams, and Skyline’s distinctly industrial feel provides new challenges in somewhat familiar, but occasionally confined spaces.
- Castle Map Pack (April release timeframe)
- o Maps: Daybreak, Outcast, Perdition
- o Description: Daybreak is set in a military facility against the backdrop of an idyllic mountain range, while Outcast plunges you into the warrens, canyons and arches of an alien edifice, and Perdition takes players into the heart of an urban sprawl, with tactical speed and situational awareness its key features.